|Places to See|
- The 10-hectare Paradizoo Theme Farm, in Brgy. Panugyan, is an integrated, self-sustaining farm. It is planted with flowering shrubs and fruit trees such as mangoes, bananas, pineapples, coconuts, jackfruit and honeydew and is home to local and imported animals such as pigs, goats, sheep, alpacas, rabbits, camels (the first in the country), ostriches, horses and camels. Manila office: tel: (632) 899-9819 & 899-9824.
- Mendez was formerly a barrio of Imus called Gahitan
- It became an independent municipality on May 16, 1874 and was proclaimed as such on September 6, 1875 by Gov.-Gen. Malcampo.
- The town was renamed Mendez-Nunez after Gen. Castro Mendez-Nunez, a friend of Malcampo.
- It was incorporated to Alfonso in 1903 by virtue of Act No. 947
- Mendez became independent again in 1915.
- The latter name Nunez was later stricken out for facility.
- Area (sq. kms.): 20.7
- Population (2000): 22,937
- No. of Barangays: 24 (7 urban and 17 rural).
- Income Class: Fourth
- District: Third
- Zip Code: 4121
- Area Code: 046
|Where to Stay|
- Bakasyon Grande Country Resort, a Class “A” resort in Brgy. Anuling, has 11 rooms, cottages, cabana restaurant, swimming pool, jacuzzi and bar with karaoke. Manila booking office: tel: (632) 923-0222.
|How to Get There|
Distances (Mendez to):
- Manila: 75 kms.(Crow Lines)
- Trece Martires City: 18.5 kms.
- Tagaytay City: 6.5 kms.
- August 28 (St. Augustine Hippo)