|DONA REMEDIOS TRINIDAD
|Places to See|
- Biak na Bato National Park is partly located here.
- The 15-m. high Tumutulo Falls, in Brgy. Bayabas, cascades further into an old stone formation called Simbahan ni Lapud.
- The magnificent and well-preserved Puning Cave, in Brgy. Bayabas, has a spring running down from a mountain. It is a 6-hr. hike.
- The Torch of Freedom Marker was erected on the site of one of the World War II guerilla base camps.
- Mt. Lumot, in Brgy. Camachin, is Bulacan’s highest and one of the town’s municipal parks. It offers a wide array of eco-tourism activities such as rock climbing, camping, mountain biking, basic and advanced mountain climbing, bushwalking, bird watching or simply enjoying the majestic view and landscape of the Sierra Madre Mountains.
- Angat Watershed
- Baras Bakal Spring Cave
- Gen. Tinio Forest Reserve
- Mt. Bato Falls
- San Miguel Forest Reserve
- Verdivia Falls (Brgy. Talbak)
- The town was created on September 13, 1977 by virtue of Presidential Decree 1196, in honor of the late Bulakeña mother of then first Lady, Imelda Romualdez Marcos.
- Its 7 original barangays were originally part of Angat (Brgys. Pulong Sampaloc and Camachile), Norzagaray (Brgys. Bayabas and Kabayunan) and San Miguel (Brgys. Camachin Kalawakan and Talbak). The new barangay of Sapang Pilak was taken from Brgy. Camachile.
|Location and Topography|
This marble-quarrying town partially embraces two major portions of the Angat watershed reservation, the Bulacan forest reserve, Biak na Bato National Park and 32,730.13 hectares of alienable and disposable public land. It is bounded on the north by Gen. Tinio (Nueva Ecija); on the west by San Miguel, San Ildelfonso and San Rafael; on the northwest by Gapan City (Nueva Ecija); on the southwest by Angat; on the east by Dingalan (Aurora); on the southeast by Gen. Nakar (Quezon); and on the south by Norzagaray.
- Area (sq. kms.): 932.98 (Bulacan’s largest, about 36% of total area)
- Population (2007): 19,086
- No. of Barangays: 8
- Income Class: First
- District: Third
- Zip Code: 3009
- Area Code: 044
|Tourist Information Center|
- Municipal Planning and Development Office - Poblacion (tel: 611-6183)
- February 11 (Our Lady of Lourdes)