|Places to See|
- The town’s present Church of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, one of the best in the province, is along the national highway. The church and convent were was beautified and improved by Dominican Fr. Fermin P. de San Julian towards in 1792, repaired in 1836 but were badly damaged during the September 16, 1852earthquake. They were built and improved under the supervision of the Rev. Bartolome Alvarez del Manzano, O.P. in 1891. They were destroyed during the March 16, 1938 fire but was reconstructed in September 1938.
- World War II Death March Marker
- Offshore from the town are islets teeming with wild duck and other game birds.
- Orani became an independent missionary center on April 21, 1714
- It was severely damaged during the September 16, 1852 earthquake and then rebuilt.
- Three-fourths of the town was also destroyed during the March 16, 1938 fire.
- A Spaniard surveying a thick forest one day, passed a native cutting a big narra tree. Asking about the name of the tree, the native replied “narra.” The Spaniard mistook the reply to be “no ira” meaning “unselfish.” He rearranged the letters from these words until it finally came out as Orani. It became the town’s official name from then on.
Orani is the birthplace of:
- Lazaro Francisco (February 22, 1898-June 17, 1980) - Tagalog novelist and short story writer .
|Location and Topography|
Orani is bounded on the north by Hermosa, on the south by Samal, on the west by Dinalupihan and on the east by Manila Bay.
- Area (sq. kms.): 64.9
- Population (2007): 59,530
- No. of Barangays: 29 (12 urban)
- Income Class: First
- District: First
- Zip Code: 2112
- Area Code: 047
|Where to Stay|
- A&D Luncheonette and Resthouse
- Ann Joline's Resort (National Highway)
- Apollo Inland Resort Hotel has a swimming pool
- Bataan Travelodge
- Benipress Seaside Resort
- Big Splash Resort
- Fredelle Resort
- Lavinia Resort
- Sabina Summer Resort
|How to Get There|
Distances (Orani to:)
- Manila: 115 kms.
- Balanga City: 14 kms. (jeepneys)
- Dinalupihan: (jeepneys)
Orani is accessible via the Bataan Provincial Expressway, off Exit 20
|Tourist Information Center|
- Orani Tourism Council - (tel: 431-1197 & 431-1139)
- Second Sunday of October (Our Lady of the Holy Rosary)
- Good Friday - features a Holy Week crucifixion
- Philippine National Bank - Yñeco Bldg., MacArthur Highway, Centro I (tel: 431-1378, fax: 333-7201).
- Orani District Hospital (45 beds) - Ma. Fe Subd.