- The town’s pretty Spanish-era, red-brick St. Filomene's Church, along the national highway, was started by Fr. Casimiro Gonzales, O.P., in 1881 and continued by Fr. Pedro Perez. It is the biggest and widest (90 m. long and 30 m. wide) brick church in Cagayan. It has a row of finials near the belfry which evoke a Southeast Asian temple.