- The hilltop Church of St. Michael the Archangel was said to have been built in the 17th century by Fr. Cristóbal Miralles. It was burned and looted of its treasures on Corpus Christi Day during a slave raid in 1663. In 1845, it was repaired by Fr. Domingo de Madrid who also built a bell tower, a stone and coral convent, and a cemetery with a small chapel within. It was damaged by a storm in 1880. In 1894, Fr. Vicente Gutiérrez replaced the church roof with galvanized iron.
- The convent, adjacent to the church, was the headquarters and hospital of the U.S. 9th Infantry around the time of the attack on Company "C" in Balangiga. A month later, the convent became the headquarters and hospital of a battalion of U.S. Marines under the command of Maj. Littleton W.T. Waller, which was attached to the Sixth Separate Brigade under Brig.-Gen. Jacob H. Smith. This Marine battalion was tasked with turning southern Samar into a "howling wilderness." During the Liberation, it was used as an evacuation center by Leyteños.
- Mt. Carmel Chapel, in Brgy. Buscada, is located about 1 km. away from the present church. It is the parent church of Tacloban (in Leyte) and the origin of the Tacloban's revered Sto. Niño icon. Tacloban's creation as a barrio of Basey dates back to the 1770s. This church, built in 1845, has a Jesuit façade with layers of tombs for walls made out of coral stone blocks. It is the starting point for the historical exchange of images between Basey and Tacloban City.
- Rawis Caves Municipal Eco-Park, in Brgy. Rawis, is located a few kms. upstream, near Brgy. Inumtan. This recently discovered cave has glistening stalactites, stalagmites and other natural rock formations like the “Natural Statue of Virgin Mary” and the “Bathtub.” The presence of cave pearls indicates that the place is still “pristine.” Behind Rawis Cave is the 30-ft. high Balantac Falls.
- Jinamoc Island was established, during World War II, as a naval facility for the Joint Intelligence Naval and Military Operations Center, an air and sea intelligence operational force.
- The Spanish-era Guintulian Tower was built in 1857.
- Balantac Falls 1 and 2
- Bito Cave
- Saob Burial Cave
- Saob Cave 1, 2 and 3
- Sohoton Natural Bridge National Park
- Tarangban Cave 1 and 2
- Nijaga Park, along Gomez St., is located along and the Calbayog River. It has multi-colored lanes and pavements made of local stones, a circular fountain, stage, amphitheater and gardens of lush tropical plants.
- The St. Peter and St. Paul Cathedral, the biggest church in Samar, has a telltale dome, spire and thick walls that reveal the blending of Spanish and modern architectural design.
- The Sacred Heart Plaza, also called the Julio Cardinal Rosales Plaza, is located in front of the cathedral and the City Hall.
- Bagacay Beach, in Brgy. Bagacay, is located along the national highway, 2 kms. from the city.
- The palm-fringed, grayish sand and 200-m. long Lo-oc Beach, in Brgy. Malajog, Tinambacan District, is located 7 kms. north of the city. It has towering rocks at its southern end and three beachfront balconied cottages.
- Naga Beach, in Brgy. Naga, is located 6 kms. from the city.
- Baot Beach (Tinambacan District)
- Malajog Beach
- The one-hectare Binaliw Island, in Brgy. Binaliw, Tinambacan District, is separated from Calbayog City and the mainland by the Silangan Channel. It is surrounded by aquifers equally and uniformly spread at the peripheral limits of the islet. Its deep waters have sea corals of multifarious variety, rare white pebbles spread all over the sea floor and 20 types of ornamental aqua-marine shells.
- The beautiful and spectacular Bangon Falls, in Brgy. Tinaplacan, Tinambacan District, is the biggest of Calbayog's waterfalls. It has a 30-m. diameter circular pool wide enough for swimming and deep enough for diving. From Brgy. San Jaoquin, Tinambacan district (where Lologayan Falls is located), it a 20-min. drive Brgy. Tinaplacan and, from here, a 30-min. hike to the vicinity of the falls. Follow the stream by ascending to the upper level.
- The seven-tiered Darosdos Waterfalls is located just outside the city. Lologayan Falls, in Brgy. San Joaquin, Tinambacan District, is located 30 kms. (a 45-min. drive) from the city plus a 10-min. hike. According to old folks, this falls once cleansed the hair of a legendary maiden who frequently visited the place to rinse her long hair. The term lologayan came from the Waray root word logay meaning “to unfold a braided long hair.” This falls is also a source of potable water.
- Mawacat Falls, in Brgy. Mawacat, Oquendo District, is the nearest falls (a 20-km./35-min. drive) from the city to Brgy. Mawacat plus a 20-min. hike along a tree-lined foot trail. This 50-m. long waterfall has a natural, spoon-like formation. One can slide through the mossy lane to the cool inviting pool below.
- Pan-as Falls, in Brgy. Pilar, Oquendo District, is located 29 kms. north of the city, on the road to Catarman. It is 1 1-hr. drive from the city proper plus a 30-min. hike from the village. The falls is the city’s primary source of water.
- Tabokno Falls, in Brgy. Cagbayang, is located 26 kms. from the city (a 1-hr. drive plus a 40-min. walk.
- Ton-ok Falls, in Brgy. Sigo, Oquendo District, is located 25 kms. (a 40-min. drive) from Calbayog City. It is hidden in lush tropical vegetation with the water falling in a series of cataract-like steps. A mini-hydro electric power plant is located here.
- Busay Falls (Brgy. Caglanipao Sur)
- Bugtong Falls (Brgy. Bugtong, Tinambacan District)
- Larik Falls (Brgy. Tinaplacan, Tinambacan District)
- Tarangban Falls (Brgy. Tinaplacan, Tinambacan District)
- The unexplored Danao Cave, in Brgy. Danao I, Tinambacan District, is a 7-chambered, snake and bat-inhabited cave.
- Tinago-an Cave, in Brgy. Lungsob, Oquendo District, means “hiding place” and was so named because it was the two-year hideout of two men wanted by the guerillas during World War II.
- Guinogo-an Cave, in Brgy. Lungsob, Oquendo District, is located 16 kms. from the city. It has a cathedral door-size cave entrance leading into a natural tunnel through uneven ceilings.
- Mapaso Hot Spring, in Brgy. Rizal II, Oquendo District, is located 16 kms. from the city. Its waters are hot enough to boil an egg yet it teems with small red crustaceans called pokot.
- Malopalo Rock Formation
- The Samar Archaeological Museum and Research Center, at Christ the King College along Magsaysay Blvd., was opened on April 10, 1970 and is the first and only museum on Samar Island. It has a collection of archaeological artifacts, ancient coins, heirlooms, old household items and religious items such as saints, chalices, altar, pires, and monstrance.
- The town’s Church of the Annunciation was first built in wood by Fr. Juan Caballero de Brozas in 1803. After its destruction during a typhoon in 1808, the church was again rebuilt by Fr. Brozas. In 1853, it was rebuilt in stone by Fr. Francisco Moreno de Montalbañejo.
- The town’s Calbiga River, serving 17 barangays as a transport byway downstream to Maqueda Bay or upstream to Kariwos (the foot of the rapids), is reputed to be the country’s only navigable wild river suitable for white water rafting.
- The 12-km. long Can-Yawa Caves, in Brgy. Caamlongan, is a huge cave system recently explored by French and Italian spelunkers. It has 15 galleries, underground rivers and numerous stalactites and stalagmites.
- The crater-like Kalidongan Lake, in Brgy. Literon, is 90-100 m. in diameter and its clear waters flow down 14-km. long rapids onto the Calbiga River and Maqueda Bay.
- The 50-m. wide Lulugayan Falls and Rapids in Brgy. Literon, is dubbed as a “mini Niagara Falls. According to a legend, a maiden frequently visited this place to rinse her long black hair. The word lulugayan comes from the word lugay meaning to “unfold a braided long hair.”
- Clabiga Caves
- Calbiga Nature Park and Children’s Playground
- Kariwos Rapids (Brgy. San Mauricio)
- Macatingal Cave
- Panaun Falls
- Sinanaran Falls