GENERAL INFORMATION (ANTIQUE)
- The town’s present Church of St. John Nepomucene was first built around 1845, replaced with masonry by Augustinian Fr. Jeronimo Vaquerin in 1878, roofed in 1894 and almost completed in 1898 (except for the large arch near the main altar). It was seized by the Aglipayans in 1902 and its roof and backwall were toppled by the powerful 1973 typhoon. It was restored by Mill Hill Fr. William Erinkweld, installing a solid concrete beam to bolt down the heavy steel roofing and covering the steel trusses with G.I. sheet. This massive, white coral church is 65 m. long, 16 m. wide, 10 m. high and has one main nave and transept.
- Sira-an Hot Spring, in Brgy. Nato, 1.5 kms. east of the town, has warm sulfurous water that flows into a basin.
- Hurao-Hurao Island, in Brgy. San Roque, is accessible by wading at low tide. It is a popular picnic spot and a dive site.
- Cresta del Gallo Island, in Brgy. Iba, is a rocky outcrop resembling a cock’s comb. A dive site, it iis called Punta Nasog by the locals and has scenic Rendon Beach and Bantigue Beach at its base.
- The 26-hectare Nogas Island, located 5 kms. offshore from the town, is an uninhabited naval reservation and bird sanctuary with a lighthouse, white sand beach and good coral. It is a 15-20-min. boat ride from the town. Its diving season is all year round and jump-off point is San Joaquin (Iloilo).
- Caiinangan Spring is located 5 kms. (a 40-min. hike) from the town proper.
- The 1.5-hectare Batabat and Punta Coral Reef, located 1 km. offshore from the town and a 20-min. boat ride, has varied colored corals ideal for snorkellers.
- Macalbag Falls, in Brgy. Mablad, is located 8 kms. from the town. It has many caves, some of which are still unexplored. One cave is believed to have seven rooms.
- Lolita Falls, in Brgy. Cadiao, is located 11 kms. from the the town proper and a 5-km. hike from Brgy. Capuywan. It has a cool Baguio-like temperature.
- Guinubatan Cave
- Mt. Guinubatan
- The town’s old Sto. Niño de Bugasong Church and convent was destroyed in 1942 and remains unrestored.
- The 200-m. high Estaka Hill has a view deck with a fine view of the sea.
- Nabaya Falls, in Brgy. Yapu, is a 30-min. walk from Tagudtud Dam.
- Roma Beach (Brgy. Zaragoza)