GENERAL INFORMATION (ALBAY)
- Ruins of the old church and belfry
- At the market site is a natural medicinal sulfur spring
- The town has 11 mysterious and bewitching caves
- Ruins of Moro watchtowers
- An abandoned centuries-old sugar central
- Offshore from the town are 11 islets including the 71-sq. km., low Cagraray Island which has a network of footpaths (but no roads).
- The fine, white sand Misibis Beach (Brgy. Misibis), one of the town’s 11 white sand beaches, is located on the island's southeast corner.
- The black sand Sogod Beach, adjacent to the national highway, has picnic grounds
- The Church of St. John the Baptist, built in the 19th century, has massive bells and a fine view of Mayon volcano from its bell tower. During World War II, it served as a lookout for American troops searching for Japanese stragglers hiding in hillside caves. Inside the church is a memorial stone honoring a resident who died at the age of 115 years (1797-1912). Its adjacent convent houses a small museum which displays some of the 2,000-year old bones, beadwork, potsherds and other artifacts found from Calabidong Cave.
- Pariaan Cave, in Brgy. Pariaan, is known as the “fountain of youth.” It has a warm natural pool surrounded by beautiful stalactites. From Legaspi City, take a Guinobatan-bound jeepney and from there transfer to a Pariaan-bound jeepney.
- Hoyop-Hoyopan Caves, in Brgy. Cotmon, is located 8 kms. to the south of the town. Its name is derived from the Bicol word meaning “eternal whispering breeze” or “blow-blow” because of the sound of wind whistling through the main entrance. It is a natural tunnel-like limestone cave where 2,000-year old bones in burial jars, beadwork and potsherds dating back to 50 BC have been excavated in 1972. It is owned by the Nieva family, and a tour, usually done by groups, goes through the subterranean path and eventually ends at the other part of the mountain. An admission fee of PhP100 is charged per person.
- Calabidogan Caves is about 2-3 kms. or a 45-min. walk from Hoyop-Hoyopan Caves. Its name means “Cave of the Bats” and it has a grotto-like formation, with impressive limestone formations like stalactites, stalagmites and rare straws and helictites, bats and an ankle-deep to man-deep (at “lizard's gate” lagoon) underground stream. One spot has a skylight illuminating a huge limestone formation shaped like the figure of the Blessed Virgin. Bring a local guide (Php500) as well as swimming gear and waterproof plastic bags. The guided tour lasts about 3 hours.
- The town’s hilltop Our Lady of the Gate Church (Nuestra Señora de la Porteria Church), on Sta. Maria Hill, Brgy. San Roque, was built in 1773 by Franciscan monks. Its ornately carved black Mexican Baroque facade, divided into three segments by four twisted columns, has a semicircular arched main entrance topped by floral decorations and is covered with statuary, alcoves, religious seals and niches on the walls and pediment containing statues of saints articulately carved on volcanic rock. Inside are priceless old santos. In 2007, the church was declared by the National Museum as a National Cultural Treasure.
- The Cagsawa Ruins, located on the north side of the highway, 3.5 kms. northwest of the town in Brgy. Busay, was built in 1587. It was burned by the marauding Dutch in 1636 and rebuilt by Fr. Francisco Blanco, OFM, in 1724. It was finally destroyed by the eruption of Mayon Volcano on February 1, 1814 where 200 people were buried alive in 40 m. of mud and ash. Today, only the blackened top section of the church steeple and some walls of the priests' house and the municipal building remains. The site is now a national park. Belfry climbing is prohibited.
- The Cagsawa Museum, the 15th national branch museum of the National Museum, it is located near the Cagsawa Ruins. This repository of the Bicolanos cultural and natural heritage was inaugurated on October 30, 1992. Its display includes relics, artifacts and historical documents. Open Mondays-Saturdays, 8 am-5pm. Admission is free.
- The Budiao Ruins, located 2 kms. northwest of Cagsawa and just off the highway, is the site of the first bullfighting arena in the country.
- The Kimantong Sky Drive, in Brgy. Kimantong, is a concrete road which zigzags against a mountainside. It connects to the Pan Philippine Highway going to Sorsogon and has a panoramic view of the town and Legaspi City.
- Bigao Cave (Brgy. Bigao)
- Naglaos Cave (Brgy. Nabasan)Natural Spring (Brgy.Canarom)
- San Rafael Cave (Brgy. San Rafael)
- San Vicente Grande Cave (Brgy. San Vicente Grande)
- Sumlang Lake (Brgy. Salvacion)
- The Church of Our Lady of the Assumption was rebuilt by Fr. Julian C. Ope (after the previous church was burned in 1895) and inaugurated on December 8, 1906.