- The town’s present stone Church of St. Augustine and convent was started by Franciscan Fr. Geronimo Hervas in 1804 and finished in 1864 by Fr. Pedro Moya. Its roofing was destroyed by the 1880 earthquake and its restoration was started by Fr. Jesus Liilo in 1884 and finished by Fr. Celestino de los Huertos in 1889. Both church and convent were destroyed during World War II and it was reconstructed in 1953 by Fr. Alejan Vermorel. On its left is a four-storey belltower.
- Gintong Talulot (meaning “golden petals”), in Brgy. Dila, the only orchid farm in town, is an emporium of prized vandas (including the showy, all year round Josephine Van Brero or JVB and the endemic waling-waling) and denbrobiums (including the indigenous sanggumay).
- A turnoff on the highway to Sto. Tomas (Batangas), a few kilometers west of Alaminos, leads to, via the Gen. San Luis Road (also called the Geothermal Road), to the 560-hectare, 370-MW MAKBAN (Makiling-Banahaw) Geothermal Project in Brgy. Bitin, the largest geothermal plant in the country. Its Geothermal Viewing House, a gazebo cut into mountain, offers a panoramic view of Alaminos.